Awesome artists - GREAT friends - Good Times!!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  Team BLOGTeam BLOG  FLICKRFLICKR  TwitterTwitter  Team ShopTeam Shop  

Share | 

does anyone get overwhelm

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: does anyone get overwhelm   Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:06 pm

Hi, I just wanted to know if anyone gets overwhelm with keeping up with promotioning , like twitter, facebook etc.?
I know that some of you girls are moms, as a mom myself I get overwhelm with laundry, cooking , cleaning etc. and then selling and promoting my store. When are you suppose to have time to focus on creating your items. So this weekend I decided to not get into the big promoting on etsy and focus on making my items for my next craft show and figure I will do promoting there to make up for my lack of participation on etsy. And to my surprise I got my first sell this weekend. I thought the lack of renewed listing and promoting would just bury my items to the point of no return. To make this short, I guess returning to the pleasure of creating just for the joy of it has other rewards; like a sell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: does anyone get overwhelm   Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:02 pm

I totally understand where you are coming from! It can get overwhelming trying to keep up with a business, a family, and everything else. I'm glad you got a little sunshine of a sale to make it a little easier Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: does anyone get overwhelm   Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:27 pm

Laundry? Cleaning? what's that? LOL!!!

No, really, I absolutely know what you mean. I have to force myself to take a day (or 2 half days) and get laundry and some cleaning done.

I also spend my mornings from the time my son is off to school (he's 9) to around noon online. Blogs, Etsy, twitter, etc. I make myself get off around noon and work on jewelry or designs, or packaging or whatever. My son's home at 3:45pm and I'm with him; homework, swim, cooking, etc. Then after bedtime (8:30pm) I'm back online for a couple of hours (well, more like 4 or 5 Smile ), listing and stuff and maybe finishing up some jewelry or things that are not noisy!

It's a juggle everyday and I do allow myself leeway because sometimes I have extra stuff to do online or I'm just not feeling creative or whatever and it works for me.

And I try not to work too much on weekends because that's family time, although I always do get a few hours a day in the morning and/or at night! I might go into withdrawals if I didn't. LoL.

Good luck on finding a pattern that works well for you, but ALWAYS leave yourself time to make stuff -- otherwise, why are you doing this, right?

hmmm... I always manage to write too much.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
punkynmunky

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: does anyone get overwhelm   Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:35 pm

I get overwhelmed all the time! I need more hours in the day, and more sleep!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://punkynmunky.etsy.com

PostSubject: Re: does anyone get overwhelm   Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:43 pm

See, and I would have a lot of extra time if I could keep my posts as short as Wendy's.

Short, sweet, and to the point! LOL...hahahahah....

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: does anyone get overwhelm   Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:00 pm

You guys are all great, it so nice to hear from other women like me. That makes me feel a little less guilty about ordering out for dinner and getting behind on my domestic duties. Very Happy
Deb, Ilove that you have alot to say and you say it. Thanks everyone for responding to this.
Back to top Go down
pnkgeeni

Number of posts : 381
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: does anyone get overwhelm   Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:41 pm

<--- hiding. Cleaning..... is that like the supposed 6 oclock in the morning? i do try to clean and keep things tidy. But I live with my parents and still feel like a teenager. I rarely get a chance to do the house work type of things - no one seems to think I am responsible enough to do anything. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pnkgeeni.etsy.com

PostSubject: Re: does anyone get overwhelm   Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:52 pm

Enjoy it while you can, Jeni, LOL. I can't keep up, and I don't even have kids! I have to say that I've gotten better at juggling everything over the past few years, though, with working, teaching lessons, directing my choir, and making stuff Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: does anyone get overwhelm   Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:10 am

Yes, Jeni enjoy it as much as you can for the rest of us. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: does anyone get overwhelm   

Back to top Go down

does anyone get overwhelm
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Eclectic Artisans Team :: General Etsy Business :: Anything Else Etsy Related-
Jump to: