The Eclectic Artisans Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awesome artists - GREAT friends - Good Times!!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Team BLOGTeam BLOG  FLICKRFLICKR  TwitterTwitter  Team ShopTeam Shop  

Don't forget to Watermark photos!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
punkynmunky

punkynmunky

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-04-07

Don't forget to Watermark photos! Empty
PostSubject: Don't forget to Watermark photos!   Don't forget to Watermark photos! EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:46 pm

I need to put that notice up on my desk somewhere! I get lazy, I only have a portion of my photos watermarked.

On Saturday morning I woke up to a message from a fellow bow maker to check out another bow makers shop and Facebook fan page. What did I find? MY RIBBON SCULPTURE PICTURES ALL OVER HER SITES!!! Here is the kicker, some of them even had my watermark!!!! So it was easy to claim them as mine Wink. I sent her a email asking her to cease and desist. She did. Though she kept up pictures from some other ribbon artists that I recognized, so I emailed the other ribbon artists and they also notified her to remove them. Who knows if any of her pictures were hers and if any of the ones that are still up are hers. But mine are down and that is all that counts I guess.

It's just so rude!!!! She eventually emailed me back with a really weak apology and lame excuse. So I'm done and over it. I just need to take some time to watermark all my photos from now one so there is never a question!

Thought you should all know that there really are picture thieves out there! This is not the first time it happened to me!!!
Back to top Go down
http://punkynmunky.etsy.com
EDCCollective

EDCCollective

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Don't forget to Watermark photos! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't forget to Watermark photos!   Don't forget to Watermark photos! EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 3:33 pm

I'm sorry you had to go through that. I don't understand the nerve of some people. I do watermark my photographic art images (I think I have them all done, but it is an extra bit to do, so I may not have.).

Thanks for the heads up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.edccollective.etsy.com

Don't forget to Watermark photos!
Page 1 of 1