The Eclectic Artisans Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awesome artists - GREAT friends - Good Times!!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Team BLOGTeam BLOG  FLICKRFLICKR  TwitterTwitter  Team ShopTeam Shop  

Fad Alert = Steampunk

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Fad Alert = Steampunk Empty
PostSubject: Fad Alert = Steampunk   Fad Alert = Steampunk EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 3:09 pm

I use Google Analytics to see how many hits my page gets, where people are coming from, and what search terms they're using to get to my shop.

For some odd reason people are arriving to my shop after searching for "Steampunk" - which is the latest teen fad that blends goth, emo, victorian, and vintage all together. I thought I'd share this with some of you who could use it (jewlers, accessories, knitters, etc.) because it's the highest search term that is used for my page. And I don't do anything remotely steampunk.

So check out what else is on ETSY under "steampunk". I'd be curious to see if you added it to your keywords or tags on items in your shop that applied to it if you would get an explosion of hits. :)

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
MichellesCharmWorld
Admin
MichellesCharmWorld

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Fad Alert = Steampunk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fad Alert = Steampunk   Fad Alert = Steampunk EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 4:09 pm

Good tip! Pretty much it just means that that is what they searched to land on Etsy and then they maybe went to someones favorites and found you through there or any other way once they got onto Etsy Smile
Back to top Go down
http://MichellesCharmWorld.Etsy.Com

Fad Alert = Steampunk
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Eclectic Artisans Team :: General Etsy Business :: Anything Else Etsy Related-
Jump to: